Scottish News by Scotland for Scotland & Beyond
Latest News Highlands & Islands
Highlands & Islands News - Stay informed with the latest news from in and around the Highlands & Islands
News From Highlands & Islands
Weather Highlands & Islands
More news Sources from Highlands & Islands
Highlands & Islands News from BBC
- Inverness Ironworks: Lights to go out on a...on February 4, 2023 at 9:44 am
After 15 years, Inverness Ironworks is to stage its final shows this weekend before being demolished.
- Inverness back in Scottish Cup as Queen's Park...on February 3, 2023 at 4:11 pm
Queen's Park are ejected from the Scottish Cup after fielding an ineligible player against Inverness, who will now face Livingston in the last 16.
- Strictly star Hamza can't wait for Scotland's...on February 3, 2023 at 6:04 am
Hamza Yassin is expecting half of his Ardnamurchan community to turn up to see him dancing live on tour.
- Stagecoach launches first electric city networkon February 3, 2023 at 6:04 am
The firm plans to follow up its Inverness services with all-electric networks in Perth and Dunfermline.
- New £14m Inverness Airport station to open to...on February 2, 2023 at 3:10 pm
The station on the Inverness to Aberdeen railway line will open to the public on Friday.
- Cyclist dies following collision with car near...on February 2, 2023 at 2:25 pm
Jane Davey, 59, was seriously injured in the crash near Inverness on Monday afternoon.
- Formal bid made for Flow Country Unesco statuson February 2, 2023 at 10:35 am
World Heritage Site status has been sought for almost half a million acres of blanket bog.
- Scotland's ancient Caledonian pinewoods could...on February 2, 2023 at 9:43 am
A conservation charity has warned surviving areas of Caledonian pinewoods are under threat.
Highlands & Islands News from H&I Times
- Wind Turbine Convoys to Start on Monday 06...by Joseph Kennedy on February 5, 2023 at 10:41 am
The first road convoys transporting large components to the Viking Wind Farm site are scheduled to begin early morning on Monday 06 February 2023. Convoys will travel northbound on the A970 from Lerwick to wind farm site access points in the Central Mainland. Each convoy will be escorted by […]
- MSP Grills Government on Why Caithness Women are...by Joseph Kennedy on February 5, 2023 at 10:36 am
Highlands and Islands Labour MSP Rhoda Grant has grilled the Scottish Government in the Chamber on Caithness Maternity Services saying that “Caithness women are being left behind.” This comes after the news that NHS Dumfries and Galloway have appointed two independent chairs to undertake a […]
- National Park Convener Announces Intention to...by Joseph Kennedy on February 5, 2023 at 10:33 am
Xander McDade has announced his intention to step down as Convener of the Cairngorms National Park Authority in July. A successor will be elected at the Authority’s Board meeting on 23 June and take office on 24 July. Xander joined the board in 2017 and became its youngest ever Convener in […]
- UHI Inverness Opens Free Food Larder for Studentsby Joseph Kennedy on February 5, 2023 at 10:27 am
UHI Inverness students are able to help themselves to free food, including ingredients for a series of online cookery lessons, from a food store known as The Larder that launched this week. The Larder, two open stocked food cupboards in the main campus building, is the latest in a series of […]
- End to Incineration of Plastics Welcomedby Joseph Kennedy on February 5, 2023 at 10:20 am
Environmental campaigners have welcomed the recommendation that incineration of plastics must end by 2030 in Scotland. The call came as part of an independent review commissioned by the Scottish Government into reducing the climate impact of the country’s incineration problem. The review makes […]
- Hospices at Threat Due to Soaring Energy Costsby Joseph Kennedy on February 5, 2023 at 10:17 am
An MP has called on the UK government to provide additional support to hospices tackling soaring energy costs. Patricia Gibson, MP for North Ayrshire and Arran, has urged Rishi Sunak to increase the financial assistance available to the sector, as they prepare to face additional costs in the region […]
- Stone Calls for Clarity on State Pension Age...by Joseph Kennedy on February 5, 2023 at 10:01 am
Far North MP, Jamie Stone, has signed a Parliamentary Motion calling for the Government to abide by the findings of an independent ombudsman due to report soon on compensation for the WASPI women affected by state pension age changes. This comes in light of reports suggesting that the UK […]
- Planned Changes to Highland Explorer Service are...by Joseph Kennedy on February 4, 2023 at 12:36 pm
ScotRail has announced that it is making changes to its Highland Explorer service to support active travel. From Spring 2023, ScotRail will remove the additional fare for the Highland Explorer service and introduce the carriages, which boast 20 cycle spaces and were a UK-first, to the Mallaig […]
Highlands & Islands News from STV
- Young child in Scottish Highlands left...by Vidushi Tiwari on February 5, 2023 at 10:42 am
A mum has questioned Highland Council's safety systems after her child was left shocked and confused after viewing 'explicit content'.
- Tributes to ‘talented and generous’ Highland...by Calum Loudon on February 3, 2023 at 12:27 pm
Jane Davey was out cycling near Mains of Bunachton, in Dunlichity, before the collision on Monday.
- Cyclist dies in hospital after being struck by...by Calum Loudon on February 2, 2023 at 1:40 pm
Jane Davey, 59, was struck by a car in Inverness-shire on Monday.
- Man charged after ScotRail train and car collide...by Caitlyn Dewar on February 2, 2023 at 10:26 am
No one was injured, but ScotRail cancelled trains between Aberdeen and Inverness.
- Solitary cottage with ‘beautiful’ sea views...by Vidushi Tiwari on February 1, 2023 at 7:38 pm
The seaside Principal Lighthouse Keeper's Cottage at Strathy Point is being advertised on Rightmove.
- ‘First World War’ bomb found by first-time...by Calum Loudon on February 1, 2023 at 1:57 pm
Ryan Junor discovered an unexploded device near a secondary school in Invergordon.
- Invergordon Academy shut after ‘unexploded...by Calum Loudon on February 1, 2023 at 8:00 am
Officers have requested the public to stay away from Invergordon Academy and the surrounding areas.
- Rape and sexual abuse survivors in Highlands...by Christina O'Neill on February 1, 2023 at 6:38 am
Lifeline women's charity RASASH is struggling to meet demand.
Join free and become part of our growing Scottish News Community! Subscribe and even contribute to your favorite Categories and much more!
scottishnews.info aggregates all of the latest scottish news, blogs, podcasts and more in and around your local area of Scotland. The Scottish News website covers everything from Politics, Technology, Online Privacy, Crime & Courts, Culture and everything in between. Our ultimate goal is to provide a useful and effective tool to help you get a better understanding and quicker overview of everything happening in your local area!