Scottish News by Scotland for Scotland & Beyond
Latest News Edinburgh and Surrounding Areas
Edinburgh News - Stay informed with the latest news from in and around Edinburgh
News From Edinburgh and Surrounding Areas
Weather in Edinburgh
More news Sources from Edinburgh & Surrounding Areas
Edinburgh Live News Feed
- Staff at West Lothian petrol station terrified...on February 5, 2023 at 1:09 pm
The incident happened around 1.45am on Thursday, February 2, when a man entered the filling station and threatened a staff member with an imitation BB gun and demanded money.
- Masked Singer viewers say Jacket Potato's rock...by email@example.com (Simon Duke) on February 5, 2023 at 12:33 pm
When Jacket Potato made his Masked Singer debut with a cover of Elvis' Viva Las Vegas, both the show's panel and viewers at home were convinced he was 'faking' his American accent.
- 'Older' woman who took Prince Harry's virginity...by firstname.lastname@example.org (Susie Beever) on February 5, 2023 at 11:57 am
The 40-year-old former stable worker at King Charles' Highgrove said the sex was "passionate and sparky" but between two friends.
- Devastated couple whose daughter died abroad...by email@example.com (Amanda Killelea, Laura Connor) on February 5, 2023 at 11:32 am
Judy and Sean Devlin last saw 27-year-old single mum Kelsey in 2021 when she flew to Islamabad with children Zara and Zain after being told her Pakistani mother-in-law was dying.
- Emergency search continues for Edinburgh man...on February 5, 2023 at 10:49 am
Emergency services, including the coastguard and a specialist team from the Scottish Fire and Rescue, are currently present at Victoria Quay, Leith.
- Edinburgh man, 40, found seriously injured near...on February 5, 2023 at 10:23 am
Around 7.35pm on Friday, 3 February, a 40-year-old man was found seriously injured and was taken to the Royal Infirmary of Edinburgh.
- Edinburgh man dies after being hit by a bus in...on February 5, 2023 at 10:06 am
The incident took place around 5.35pm on Saturday, 4 February, 2023, involving a bus and a pedestrian.
- I went for my first-ever smear test in Edinburgh...by firstname.lastname@example.org (Iona Young) on February 5, 2023 at 9:01 am
If you are only 25 years old it is likely you have never had an examination similar to a smear test before and that alone can be quite daunting but it's so important to get done.
Latest News Edinburgh & East | STV
- Police urge witnesses to come forward after man...by Victoria Pease on February 5, 2023 at 12:11 pm
The 40-year-old was discovered around 7.35pm on Friday evening in the Granton Mains East area of Edinburgh.
- Pensioner dies after being struck by bus on...by Victoria Pease on February 5, 2023 at 11:00 am
The incident occurred around 5.35pm on Saturday on Haymarket Terrace in Edinburgh.
- Concern growing for missing Dunfermline man last...by Caitlyn Dewar on February 4, 2023 at 8:51 pm
The 57-year-old has not been seen since Friday afternoon.
- Pensioner in hospital after being hit by bus near...by Caitlyn Dewar on February 4, 2023 at 7:02 pm
A police cordon was in place and traffic was diverted from the area.
- Emergency services continue search for man who...by Victoria Pease on February 4, 2023 at 10:58 am
The man reportedly fell into Victoria Quay Basin in Leith on Friday evening but has not yet been found.
- Midlothian Council: Free school music lessons,...by Evanna Holland on February 4, 2023 at 8:20 am
Libraries, Christmas lights and lollipop crossing patrols are also under threat.
- Plans to replace Leith ‘pride bridge’ move...by Tara Fitzpatrick on February 3, 2023 at 10:00 pm
The bridge, which has become a popular LGBT landmark, was closed in 2021 due to safety concerns.
- Edinburgh nursery owner waded through water to...by Tara Fitzpatrick on February 3, 2023 at 8:09 pm
The City of Edinburgh Council are considering options after the village of Kirkliston was left devastated by floods in December.
Join free and become part of our growing Scottish News Community! Subscribe and even contribute to your favorite Categories and much more!
Edinburgh Reddit Feed
- Pork pies?by /u/roxanne6 on February 5, 2023 at 1:12 pm
Does anyone have any recommendations for good pork pies around Leith Walk? submitted by /u/roxanne6 [link] [comments]
- Looking for a place / person who could fix this...by /u/wrathofthetyrant on February 5, 2023 at 11:54 am
Hi guys. As the titles says I'm looking for a place/person that would be able to fix this old vectrex (1980). It's been broken for a while now and I've found nowhere that could fix it. I'll happily pay the cost for the repair. Thanks submitted by /u/wrathofthetyrant [link] [comments]
- What is that smell?by /u/M7KV11 on February 5, 2023 at 11:48 am
I’ve just been in Edinburgh for the weekend. Everywhere I went, out of nowhere a smell would hit me which can only be described as hot dog food. What the hell is it? submitted by /u/M7KV11 [link] [comments]
- Council Tax help!by /u/_Luzzle_ on February 5, 2023 at 10:52 am
Today (5th of Feb) we got this scary letter through the post for my old flatmate. She hasn't lived in the UK since March 2022. She was supposed to move into this flat, but for several reasons she had to stay in her home country for another year. Before we knew this we did the council tax with her […]
- Some cyclist have a death wish!by /u/Royal_Medicine_7451 on February 5, 2023 at 10:31 am
Just a warning and genuine bit of advise to the cyclist coming down St Leonards yesterday evening around 5pm with no lights, high visibility or reflection kit of any kind (or a helmet). in the semi darkness combined with head lights I only just noticed you before pulling out onto St Leonards as you […]
- Man dies after being hit by bus at Haymarketby /u/HighlandSquirrel on February 5, 2023 at 9:44 am
submitted by /u/HighlandSquirrel [link] [comments]
- Accommodation Recommendationby /u/whatthefck2001 on February 5, 2023 at 12:55 am
Background info: for university/clinical placement (I'm a final year student nurse) im having to stay in a hotel for a couple of days each week because I live in central Scotland and theres no trains etc that get me in on time for the 12.5-hour shifts (sometimes 13-hour night shifts) I have to do […]
- Tofu?by /u/adventures_in_dysl on February 5, 2023 at 12:40 am
Hi I'm looking for big blocks of tofu. Canyone got clues on where to get tofu in 500g+ packs from? Firm tofu. I love the stuff submitted by /u/adventures_in_dysl [link] [comments]
- Teachers should halt strikes to keep schools...on February 5, 2023 at 12:36 pm
The education secretary calls for more compromise in the pay dispute as pupils move closer to exam season.
- Six Nations: Scotland's bits and pieces cause...on February 5, 2023 at 12:04 pm
Tom English reflects on an exceptional Calcutta Cup victory for Scotland over England at Twickenham in the Six Nations opening weekend.
- Scotland's papers: Calcutta Cup and voters 'cool...on February 5, 2023 at 11:51 am
Scotland's third Calcutta Cup win in a row and UK voters' view on trans self-identification lead the papers.
- Pedestrian, 79, dies after being hit by bus in...on February 5, 2023 at 9:18 am
The man was struck on Haymarket Terrace in Edinburgh on Saturday.
- Six Nations highlights: England 23-29 Scotlandon February 4, 2023 at 7:08 pm
Watch highlights as Duhan van der Merwe's late try gives Scotland back-to-back wins at Twickenham for the first time with a stunning Six Nations victory against a spirited England.
- Hearts 3-1 Dundee United: Stephen Humphrys scores...on February 4, 2023 at 7:05 pm
Stephen Humphrys' 50-yard stunner caps a 15-minute comeback from Hearts to sink 10-man Dundee United and leave them bottom of the Scottish Premiership.
- Kirk moderator joins Pope in historic South Sudan...on February 4, 2023 at 3:42 pm
The Rt Rev Dr Iain Greenshields and Pope Francis unite in war-torn South Sudan for peace mission.
- Search for man in water near Scottish government...on February 4, 2023 at 11:57 am
Police, fire and coastguard crews are looking for the man at Victoria Quay basin in Leith.
Edinburgh Reddit Feed
scottishnews.info aggregates all of the latest scottish news, blogs, podcasts and more in and around your local area of Scotland. The Scottish News website covers everything from Politics, Technology, Online Privacy, Crime & Courts, Culture and everything in between. Our ultimate goal is to provide a useful and effective tool to help you get a better understanding and quicker overview of everything happening in your local area!