Scottish News by Scotland for Scotland & Beyond
Latest News Aberdeen, North-East and Surrounding Areas
Aberdeen News - Stay informed with the latest news from in and around Aberdeen City
News From Aberdeen and North-East Scotland
Weather In Aberdeen City
Latest News Aberdeen & North East. Stay informed of the latest news in and around Aberdeen City & the North-East
Aggregated News Sources In And Around Aberdeen
Aberdeen Live News
- Second phase of Aberdeen luxury homes goes on sale at...by Thomas Durham on February 5, 2023 at 1:06 pm
The Reserve at Eden is located opposite Dobbies on the A944 and features two, three and four bedroom homes. The development’s first phase saw 50 homes created and 49 to be built in the second phase
- North-east veterans to undertake mammoth trek across...by Thomas Durham on February 5, 2023 at 11:39 am
A pair of north-east army veterans will be wild camping every night and are aiming to raise funds for the veterans charity Erskine as well as awareness for suicide prevention.
- Confidential Aberdeenshire sites identified to safeguard...by Thomas Durham on February 5, 2023 at 11:09 am
Efforts to preserve the highly-threatened genetic diversity of Scotland’s native trees have taken a significant step forward with the identification of potential new sites for gene conservation.
- North-east food and drink awards to recognise 'excellence'...by Thomas Durham on February 5, 2023 at 9:30 am
Restaurants have been the 2023 awards, which feature 12 categories ranging from Best New Product to Best Distilled Product to Best Young Business and recognise achievements and entrepreneurship.
- North-east walkers set to undertake huge 7-day trek across...by Thomas Durham on February 5, 2023 at 8:35 am
A trio of walkers aims to travel 150 miles across Scotland as they hope to raise funds for local organisation AberNecessities who provide for disadvantaged families.
- North-east councils face funding cuts even if they raise...by Craig Paton on February 5, 2023 at 6:00 am
Under the Scottish Government's budget proposals - which passed the first parliamentary hurdle on Thursday - councils will have full autonomy to set council tax rates, unlike in recent years when a cap was enforced.
- Aberdeen player ratings against Motherwell as Bojan Miovski...by Anthony Evans on February 4, 2023 at 6:57 pm
Aberdeen claimed a morale boosting victory against the Steelmen, to put and end to their five game losing spree and breathe life back into their quest to secure European football next season
- Barry Robson marvels in Aberdeen performance in 3-1 win...by Anthony Evans on February 4, 2023 at 6:36 pm
The victory ended the Dons five match losing spree in all competitions and puts them back into the race for European qualification at the end of the season, as they moved to within four points of Livingston in 4th place
STV Aberdeen, North East & Tayside News
- Montrose Basin: Restoration of overgrown saltmarsh sparks...by Callum Clark on February 5, 2023 at 8:31 am
The Montrose Basin saltpans have been restored after being choked with weeds.
- Family of pensioner missing for eight months John Baikie...by Caitlyn Dewar on February 4, 2023 at 4:12 pm
The pensioner, who is said to have lived a ‘solitary lifestyle’ was reported missing in May 2022.
- Peterhead Kirk Street residents evacuated after...by Caitlyn Dewar on February 4, 2023 at 1:53 pm
The fire service were called to contain the incident, which involved a gas meter and a pipe.
- Andrew Innes changed his story on why he killed mother...by Caitlyn Dewar on February 3, 2023 at 3:53 pm
Andrew Innes, 52, is accused of murdering Bennylyn Burke, 25, and Jellica Burke at his Dundee home.
- William Curtis threatened assassination of First Minister...by Gianni Marini on February 3, 2023 at 1:13 pm
William Curtis, 70, sent threatening messages to the First Minister on various occasions between February 27 and March 6, 2019.
- Teenage boy charged by police after ‘entering Peterhead...by Caitlyn Dewar on February 3, 2023 at 9:48 am
All pupils were told to remain in their classrooms at Peterhead Academy during an incident on Tuesday.
- Plans for replacement Aberdeenshire primary school in South...by Tara Fitzpatrick on February 2, 2023 at 8:59 pm
It is estimated that between 240 to 300 new primary places could be needed in the area in the near future.
- Man killed mum Bennylyn Burke with hammer before slaying...by Caitlyn Dewar on February 2, 2023 at 3:06 pm
Andrew Innes is on trial at the High Court in Edinburgh accused of murdering Bennylyn Burke and her daughter.
Aberdeen Reddit Feed
- Skate shopby /u/Tuckej88 on February 5, 2023 at 12:19 pm
Had a bizarre flash back this morning and remembered when I was younger (34 now for context) we would travel 60 miles to Aberdeen to go to a skate shop. I remember this always being a huge deal as we didn’t have anything like that near us. Can anyone remember the name of it? I’m sure it was run […]
- Is there anywhere in Abz you can go to a pool sauna etc?by /u/pathgirl4 on February 5, 2023 at 10:11 am
submitted by /u/pathgirl4 [link] [comments]
- Student, looking to meet new peopleby /u/ziggyo3 on February 4, 2023 at 11:43 pm
Hey! I started a degree apprenticeship recently in Aberdeen and I don't really know anyone in the city. I'm 19 and already been on a few nights out but havent really met anyone properly yet. Has anyone got any recommendations for meeting new people and socializing in the city? Sadly as I am not a […]
- Another quiet night on Guild Streetby /u/Smooth-Bookkeeper-37 on February 4, 2023 at 8:43 pm
submitted by /u/Smooth-Bookkeeper-37 [link] [comments]
- Disposal of antifreeze/coolantby /u/Adamhilly on February 4, 2023 at 4:28 pm
Hey folks. I’m got some old tainted antifreeze I need disposal of. Does anyone know of garages etc to dispose of it. I’ve had a look at ACC website regarding disposal at recycling centres however they do not list antifreeze/coolant as accepted waste. Any help appreciated submitted by […]
- Is there anywhere in Aberdeen (or the shire) I can get an...by /u/Supercharged-Skyline on February 4, 2023 at 11:59 am
Is there anywhere in Aberdeen (or the shire) I can get an Xbox serviced without paying the outlandish prices from Microsoft submitted by /u/Supercharged-Skyline [link] [comments]
- Any suggestion on where to go for open mics in Aberdeen?by /u/Ibanez_Jesus90s on February 4, 2023 at 9:03 am
submitted by /u/Ibanez_Jesus90s [link] [comments]
- Things to do on Thursday Nightsby /u/Lorny_loo on February 3, 2023 at 7:52 pm
I'm looking for a club or something to join on a Thursday night in Aberdeen. Happy to start a new hobby. Book clubs, art classes etc all welcome ☺️. submitted by /u/Lorny_loo [link] [comments]
- What’s with all the forests being ripped to shreds lately?by /u/ShidwardTesticles on February 3, 2023 at 4:57 pm
Just about every place I go for walks is slowly getting picked off by loggers. Countesswells got taped off last year because they randomly cut down half of it, just went for a walk in the woods by the crematorium in Hazlehead and now half of it has been chopped down. Why is the council so insistent […]
Aberdeen FC News Official News Feed
- “I thought the boys were brilliant”on February 5, 2023 at 1:25 pm
Barry Robson reflected on a very important result for his team as they beat Motherwell 3-1 at Pittodrie. “Motherwell are a well structured, organised team, very hard to break down, and they gave us a tough game. They’re not east to play against, they’re coached very well but in the end, we […]
- team news from Pittodrieon February 5, 2023 at 1:25 pm
ABERDEEN 19. JAY GORTER 4. LIAM SCALES 6. GRAEME SHINNIE (C) 9. BOJAN MIOVSKI 11. LUIS ‘DUK’ LOPES 16. YLBER RAMADANI 17. JONNY HAYES 18. MATTIE POLLOCK 20. LEIGHTON CLARKSON 27. ANGUS MACDONALD 33. MATTY KENNEDY SUBSTITUTES: 1. JOE LEWIS (GK) 3. JACK MACKENZIE 10. DILAN MARKANDAY 15. MARLEY […]
- Red card appeal dismissedon February 5, 2023 at 1:25 pm
The Club is this evening disappointed to learn it has lost its appeal against Ross McCrorie’s red card which he received on Wednesday night against St Mirren. As a result, Ross will now serve an immediate two match ban. Ross is therefore suspended for the home match against Motherwell tomorrow […]
- Match Preview | Celtic Women v Aberdeen Womenon February 5, 2023 at 1:25 pm
Following Aberdeen Women’s 4-1 defeat midweek against Rangers in Glasgow which saw goalkeeper Annalissa McCann drop out just minutes before kick-off through injury without a recognised back-up on the bench, Academy Director Gavin Levey previewed Sunday’s trip back to Glasgow to face Celtic, […]
- Your Matchday Guide | Aberdeen v Motherwellon February 5, 2023 at 1:25 pm
The Dons are back in action at Pittodrie this afternoon for a 3pm kick-off against Motherwell! BUYING TICKETS Tickets can be purchased online 24/7 via afc.co.uk/eTickets, alternatively, call 01224 63 1903 or visit the Pittodrie Ticket Office open until kick-off today! All AberDNA Junior […]
- Dons set to wear one-off kit for AFCCT Dayon February 5, 2023 at 1:25 pm
Saturday’s match with Motherwell at Pittodrie has been designated as this season’s annual celebration of our partner charity Aberdeen FC Community Trust (AFCCT) and to mark the occasion this time round the Dons will be wearing a special one-off kit featuring the AFCCT logo, together with the […]
Join free and become part of our growing Scottish News Community! Subscribe or Contribute to your favorite Categories and much more!
Scottish News by Scotland for Scotland & Beyond
scottishnews.info aggregates all of the latest scottish news, blogs, podcasts and more in and around your local area of Scotland. The Scottish News website covers everything from Politics, Technology, Online Privacy, Crime & Courts, Culture and everything in between. Our ultimate goal is to provide a useful and effective tool to help you get a better understanding and quicker overview of everything happening in your local area!