Scottish Business News by Scotland for Scotland & Beyond
Scottish Business News Scotland - Stay informed with the latest business news from in and around Scotland, UK
News From Aberdeen and North-East Scotland
Scottish Business News Feeds
Latest Business News Scotland, UK. Stay informed of the latest news in and around Aberdeen City & the North-East
Aggregated Business News Sources In And Around Scotland
- Søstrene Grene officially opens first ever Scottish store by Editorial Team on December 2, 2022 at 12:20 pm
ST. ENOCH Centre shoppers enjoyed a day of Scandinavian style and Grand Opening festivities as Søstrene Grene opened the doors of its first ever Scottish store World renowned Danish retail chain, Søstrene Grene, celebrated the opening of its first Scottish store today (Friday 2nd December) with a […]
- Johnston Carmichael reveals strategic new tax partner...by Editorial Team on December 2, 2022 at 11:40 am
LEADING independent business advisory and accountancy firm Johnston Carmichael has appointed a new corporate tax partner as part of its ambitious growth plans. The firm has welcomed Aileen Scott, who is based in the Glasgow office but will be working nationally, enhancing existing capability within […]
- CBRE: Famed buildings in Glasgow city centre launched to...by Editorial Team on December 2, 2022 at 11:20 am
GLOBAL real estate advisor CBRE has announced it has been instructed to market two buildings on Blythswood Square in Glasgow city centre for sale on behalf of Marshall CDP. Mackintosh House at 5 Blythswood Square and Madeleine Smith House at 6-7 Blythswood Square are available jointly for sale. […]
- Retail rent mindshift could help shops survive on...by Editorial Team on December 2, 2022 at 10:40 am
RENTAL payments based on takings may become more common as retailers adapt to the changing face of the high street, a commercial property expert believes. Martin Bennett, a Director in the Commercial Property team at Scottish legal firm Lindsays, says the option is one available in negotiations as […]
- More than £10m in life-changing funding awarded to over...by Editorial Team on December 2, 2022 at 10:20 am
INDEPENDENT Living Fund (ILF) Scotland, the public body that provides funding support to young disabled people living in Scotland, has awarded over £10m of funding to more than 5,000 people through its life-changing Transition Fund over the past five years. ILF Scotland marks these milestones […]
- Enhanced support to make homes warmer and greenerby Editorial Team on December 2, 2022 at 9:40 am
AS OF today it will be simpler and more affordable for people to install climate-friendly heat and energy efficiency measures in their homes. Homeowners can now apply for a standalone grant of £7,500 from the Home Energy Scotland Scheme to install heat pumps. Previously, applicants were required […]
- Ince Scotland bolsters offering within real estate and...by Editorial Team on December 2, 2022 at 9:20 am
LEGAL services group Ince have announced that Greg Smith and Ross Cameron have joined their team in Scotland. Their appointments reflect the firm’s plans for expansion in Scotland, at all levels of legal seniority. Greg Smith joins Ince as a Partner, focusing on criminal and regulatory […]
- Gigha secures £1.8m funding boost to deliver 5 new...by Editorial Team on December 2, 2022 at 8:34 am
THE community-owned Isle of Gigha Heritage Trust (IGHT) has secured £1.8 million in funding to deliver 5 new affordable homes which meet the needs identified within the island community. Following a community land buy-out in 2002, the island of Gigha’s population has increased from 100 residents […]
Herald Scotland Business News
- Scottish Hial airports face festive strike actionon December 2, 2022 at 3:12 pm
Scotland's Highlands and Islands communities could be in for more travel chaos as staff at 11 regional airports back industrial action.
- Avian flu crisis leaves seabird populations on the cliff...on December 2, 2022 at 10:46 am
Scotland has been experiencing an avian flu crisis, with around 20,500 seabirds reported dead around the country's coastline this summer – but a NatureScot taskforce is taking urgent measures to minimise the risk to other wild birds
- The glittering Herald Family Business of the Year Awardson December 2, 2022 at 10:34 am
A nursery and garden centre that next year celebrates 70 years in business, has been named ‘Rural Family Business of the Year’ in The Herald Family Business Awards in association with Business Gateway, which took place last night in the Radisson Blu Hotel in Glasgow.
- Glasgow: Mackintosh House in Blythswood Square for saleon December 2, 2022 at 10:18 am
A FAMOUS groundbreaking former residential house run by women for women in Glasgow is one of two historic buildings in the city brought to market.
- Hiding alcohol in shops will do nothing to stop problem...on December 2, 2022 at 9:14 am
IF you laid all the bottles of whisky exported from Scotland each year end-to-end, they would stretch around 342,000km – which is 90 per cent of the distance to the moon.
- Hilton Glasgow hotel celebrates 30th anniversaryon December 2, 2022 at 7:51 am
The hotel noted it had played host to "numerous world leaders and celebrities" over the past three decades
- North Sea firm attracts bid interest as war fuels demand...on December 2, 2022 at 5:00 am
RUSSIA’S invasion of Ukraine has increased the appeal of gas assets in Europe significantly experts have said, amid reports that Italian giant Eni is in talks to acquire North Sea-focused Neptune Energy for around $5 billion (£4bn) to $6bn.
- Whisky firm posts record profits amid volatile conditionson December 2, 2022 at 5:00 am
SCOTCH whisky specialist has achieved record profits helped by its success in overseas markets despite uncertainty about the outlook for the global economy.
Business Live Feed, UK
- Tech Startup Sunderland calls on bright minds to launch...by email@example.com (Coreena Ford) on December 2, 2022 at 5:03 pm
Residents in Sunderland with big ideas are being challenged with helping ‘unearth the city’s next tombola’
- ADVERTORIAL: Development Bank backs Diversity and Inclusion...by firstname.lastname@example.org (Jessie Parker) on December 2, 2022 at 4:54 pm
Meet the bank that is supporting ambitious Welsh businesses
- Global focus on major seafood species is heading to Grimsbyby email@example.com (David Laister) on December 2, 2022 at 4:30 pm
International Cold Water Prawn Forum to be welcomed in 2024
- Development Bank of Wales invested £55m in H1 in deals...by firstname.lastname@example.org (Sion Barry) on December 2, 2022 at 4:16 pm
Its debt to equity investments leveraged a further £31m of investment from private sector investors
- Permission granted for £100M Antrim housing developmentby email@example.com (David Elliott) on December 2, 2022 at 3:14 pm
As well 525 new homes, the development will also include six shops which together are expected to create 100 jobs
- Bakery business rescues Dot Bagel shop following liquidationby firstname.lastname@example.org (Tom Keighley) on December 2, 2022 at 2:42 pm
Stuart Young's Kennedy & Rhind business has acquired the takeaway bagel store promising to expand and reopen it this month
- North Sea Ventilation joins UK-headquartered international...by email@example.com (David Laister) on December 2, 2022 at 2:31 pm
Deal unites it with fellow Hull firm Thermoplant Offshore Services Ltd under Wozair Energy Holdings
- 'Issue' remains over Morecambe FC sale as shares purchase...by firstname.lastname@example.org (Jon Robinson) on December 2, 2022 at 1:47 pm
Tyson Fury has been reported to be interested in the club
- Haskel Europe swings to a loss amid move into hydrogen...by email@example.com (Tom Keighley) on December 2, 2022 at 1:08 pm
The Sunderland manufacturer says it is committed to the 'key strategic market'
- Welsh leeks awarded protected UK GI statuson December 2, 2022 at 4:00 pm
Wales’ national vegetable and emblem, the Welsh Leek, is now officially protected as it gains PGI (Protected Geographical Indication) equivalent UK GI status.
- Early bird Royal Highland Show tickets go on sale from Dec 2on December 2, 2022 at 4:00 pm
'Early bird' tickets for the Royal Highland Show 2023 will go on sale from 2 December 2 for £30 per day.
- Postal strikes to affect delivery of this week's issue of...on December 2, 2022 at 11:48 am
Once again we find ourselves having to apologise – through no fault of our own – for the late arrival of The Scottish Farmer to the majority of our readers who buy the paper by subscription.
- More Scottish seed tatties heading for Egypt before deadlineon December 2, 2022 at 11:30 am
This week The Scottish Farmer caught up with Alistair Melrose, general manager at J and E Smillie and director of Caledonia Potatoes, to find out how the export season went for the seed sector.
- Highland Estates sending golden eagle chicks southon December 2, 2022 at 11:30 am
The number of golden eagles in the south of Scotland has tripled to 39 thanks to a collaborative project moving chicks from Highland estates. In total, 20 eagle chicks have been translocated for the project since 2018 – with 18 of those coming from estates owned privately such as Pitmain & […]
- Vet James Russell appointed onto assured food standards...on December 2, 2022 at 11:30 am
Red Tractor has appointed James Russell as an Independent Director to the Assured Food Standards (AFS) board. He is a Fellow of the Royal college of Veterinary Surgeons, and a former president of the British Veterinary Association (BVA).
Join free and become part of our growing Scottish News Community! Subscribe or Contribute to your favorite Categories and much more!
Scottish Business News by Scotland for Scotland & Beyond
scottishnews.info aggregates all of the latest scottish news, blogs, podcasts and more in and around your local area of Scotland. The Scottish News website covers everything from Politics, Technology, Online Privacy, Crime & Courts, Culture and everything in between. Our ultimate goal is to provide a useful and effective tool to help you get a better understanding and quicker overview of everything happening in your local area!